Brenacon were engaged by White Wolf Constructions to undertake the site remediation of a property in Nelligen due to contamination from friable asbestos, as a result of the NSW bushfires in the summer of 2019/20.
Project: Nelligen Bushfire Recovery – Site Remediation
Client: White Wolf Constructions
Timeframe: 3 Days
Location: Nelligen, NSW
Brenacon were requested to urgently mobilise to site, to prevent the spread of friable asbestos exposure, that was a by-product of the asbestos sheeting within the residential dwelling. These make-safe works included, the installation of security fencing, emu picking of visible contaminates, applying a polymer to seal the asbestos fines to the debris whilst the remediation options were considered by the client.
Following the make-safe phase of the project, Brenacon were requested to complete a friable asbestos remediation and validation of the site. This remediation required over 185 tonnes of friable asbestos materials being removed from site in order obtain a validated clearance in under 3 days.
- Installation of temporary fencing and signage
- Application of polymer binder by hand
- 185 tonnes of friable asbestos removed from site
- Monitoring and reporting of any disturbed asbestos fibres
- Obtaining clearance certificate and validation from an independent Licensed Asbestos Assessor