Brenacon have successfully completed the storm damage remediation of a rural property in Thirlmere. This project involved an initial make safe following the weather event followed by a full site remediation of asbestos.
Project: Thirlmere Friable Asbestos Remediation
Client: White Wolf Constructions
Timeframe: 4 days
Location: Thirlmere, NSW
Brenacon were requested to urgently mobilise to site to prevent the spread of friable asbestos exposure, that was a by-product of the hail damaged asbestos sheeting known as “Super 6”. These make-safe works included, the installation of security fencing and applying a polymer to seal the asbestos fines as an interim measure.
Following the make-safe phase of the project, a full asbestos remediation and independent clearance of the site was undertaken. This remediation required nearly 650 tonnes of friable asbestos materials being removed from site in order obtain a clearance certificate through an independent verifier. The remediation works were completed in only 4 days.
· Initial make safe works
· Application of polymer binder by spray truck
· Installation of temporary fencing and signage
· 650 tonnes (approx) of friable asbestos removed from site
· Monitoring and reporting of any disturbed asbestos fibres
· Obtaining clearance certificate from an independent Licensed Asbestos Assessor
· Supply of all management, plant, labour, consumables